We are excited to be hosting this amazing Seminar in 2022 , please click the flyer for more details and to register.
CLICK IMAGE FOR TICKETS
Our Fundraiser is coming up in less than a month! Click the photo of the flyer to purchase tickets! Please email us at email@example.com for any questions. We are also doing a contest on our Facebook and Instagram pages giving away 2 sets of 2 tickets to local law enforcement officer or spouse who want to attend!!!
Click the photo of the flyer to access our registration form
BadgeWives of Tampa Bay, Inc. is hosting a virtual race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, at the gym or on the track. You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself. Run or walk on your own, or with friends all while still supporting Law Enforcement. You can complete your race at one time or over a course of a few days. Whatever is convenient for you is perfectly fine.
Completed Registration and payment is due by November 6, 2020.
Your online registration will include a custom Medal and printable Bib. You may choose to sign up yourself, your family and also have an option to include your pup. Medals will be mailed to you before the end of the calendar year. Bibs will be emailed to you and you are welcome to customize it with your favorite nick name. Take photos of you with your Bib on and share it on the BadgeWives of Tampa Bay FB page or email it with your Race Results on the Google Form you will receive upon registration.
The Badgewives of Tampa Bay thank you for your support.
BadgeWives of Tampa Bay Inc. Scholarship Program
Deadline: June 30th , 2020
Awards Available for 2020: 2
The Mission of BadgeWives of Tampa Bay Inc is to promote positive law enforcement relationships within the community, to seek community support for law enforcement, provide support for law enforcement families in need, and to encourage stronger relationships within families. This scholarship is designed to recognize students who demonstrate a similar passion for public service, and who demonstrate leadership, financial need and a desire to pursue a career in law enforcement or related fields.
Eligibility: Current high school seniors who are pursuing post high school education in law enforcement or related fields including: criminal justice, corrections, and forensics. Non high school Applicants enrolled/accepted into a law enforcement academy are also elegible.
CONTEST & ESSAY REQUIREMENTS:
● Essay must be no fewer than 800 and no more than 1,200 words in length, double-spaced. Spelling errors and/or written corrections (by anyone) found on the essay will count against the final grade and should be omitted before submission.
● Applicant must submit 2 letters of recommendation. One letter of recommendation must be from a teacher.
● One entry per student per contest.
● Essay must be submitted online or postmarked by June30th , 2020 BadgeWives of Tampa Bay Inc. has the right to provide contest deadline extensions when deemed appropriate.
● Essay must be solely the work of the entrant. Plagiarism will result in disqualification. Essays must not infringe on any third-party rights or intellectual property of any person, company or organization. By submitting an essay to this Contest, the entrant agrees to indemnify BadgeWives of Tampa Bay Inc. for any claim, demand, judgment or other
allegation arising from possible violation of someone’s trademark, copyright or other legally protected interest in any way in the entrant’s essay.
● Essay must consist of:
Describe your long-term goals for a career in law enforcement/criminal justice and how furthering your education will assist you in reaching those goals.
Comment on the personal characteristics, educational and extracurricular activities that have helped prepare you for college and a career in the law enforcement/criminal justice field.
Reflect on your personal journey (significant accomplishments, challenges and/or hardships) and any life lessons that you think will or have help(ed) you succeed in college.
How you expect to promote positive relationships between the community and law enforcement in college and beyond.
COMPLETE LISTING OF REQUIREMENTS:
● No application is required. Contest is open to students that currently reside in Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough and Hernando Counties. Essays must be written in English only. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
● Entrant must be in the 12th grade (a High School Senior) at the time of the current contest deadline. BadgeWives of Tampa Bay Inc reserves the right to make exceptions to this rule, on a case-by-case basis.
● To avoid disqualification, essays must include a cover sheet with the following information:
1. Your name, current phone number and address; 2. Your email address (if available); 3. The name and address of your school; 4. Your current grade level; Date of expected graduation from your current academic institution: 5. How did you hear about the scholarship?
6. College(s) applied/accepted to (if known): Anticipated major in college:
● Applications and scholarships will not be judged based on sex, creed, national origin, or religious preference.
● Scholarships are to be awarded (certificate only) in the month of July. Winners, finalists, semifinalists and all other participants will be notified via email and/or by mail typically by July 30th, 2020. Financial award will be provided to winner prior to the 2020-2020 school year by check to the institution in which they are attending.
● BadgeWives will award scholarships on an annual basis. Scholarships will only be awarded once to each recipient. Awardees will not be eligible for any additional scholarships/renewals.
Decisions of the judges are final.
● All entries become the property of BadgeWives of Tampa Bay Inc. and will not be returned.
● Winners are responsible for providing their mailing addresses and other necessary information in order to receive any prizes. Contest winners agree to allow BadgeWives of Tampa Bay Inc. to post their names on any of BadgeWives affiliated websites or social media. The first-place essay may be posted in its entirety on any of these websites with full credit given to the author.
● Winners consent to allow BadgeWives of Tampy Bay Inc to use part of or the entire essay and take a photograph of the winner to be shared on our website and/or shared with third parties for purposes of marketing the contest.
● Preference may be given to applicants who are the surviving child of a fallen law enforcement officer and/or the dependent children of law enforcement officers.
● Winner will be solely responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
● Applicant must be available for a personal interview by the Scholarship Awards Committee if so requested.
We are excited to announce our upcoming Fundraiser and are currently looking for sponsors. Please see below flyer for more information.
Sponsorships are available! Family lanes available! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information!
The Clearwater Police Department, Clearwater Fire & Rescue, Coast Guard, Pinellas County Sheriff, Pasco County Sheriff, and other local agencies have teamed up to recognize local heroes and all first responders and their families for Clearwater Threshers First Responders Appreciation Night, presented by Banquet Masters.
All first responders receive a free ticket to the game, and may purchase additional tickets for $5. A portion of ticket sales will benefit Operation Restore, a program at the Franciscan Center, Tampa to help first responders work through post trauma stress. First Responder tickets may be picked up, with proper ID, at the Box Office at Spectrum Field.
Events will include:
-Pregame Touch-A-Truck event in the west lot with tactical vehicles and equipment and on-field vehicle parade around the warning track
-Recognition of local heroes throughout the night
-Static displays and interactive exhibits on the concourse
-CPD K9 demonstration on-field during the 7th inning stretch
-Flyover by the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Helicopter
-First pitch by Pinellas Sheriff’s Sgt. David Stang
-Meet Pasco Sheriff’s Office K9 Buster, and K9 Doc will also be on hand
-Special appearance by McGruff the Crime Dog
-Afternoon charity softball game on Spectrum Field at 3 p.m. – Clearwater Fire Rescue vs St. Pete Fire Rescue, special tickets available
-Fireworks after the Threshers game
Gates open at 5 p.m. for the 6:30 p.m. Clearwater Threshers game vs the Daytona Tortugas. Visit or call the BayCare Box Office at Spectrum Field, 727-467-4457.
On May 15, 2019 our members presented Deviante Armstead with our 2019 scholarship. Deviante has aspirations of joining the FBI and BadgeWives of Tampa Bay Inc. is so very proud to offer some assistance on his journey. We wish Deviante the best in his education and his career.
The Mission of BadgeWives of Tampa Bay Inc. is to promote positive law enforcement relationships within the community, to seek community support for law enforcement, provide support for law enforcement families in need, and to encourage stronger relationships within families. This scholarship is designed to recognize students who demonstrate a similar passion for public service, and who demonstrate leadership, financial need and a desire to pursue a career in law enforcement or related fields.
We received an entry that told a story of determination and a desire to make a difference in his community that really resonated with us. Despite his circumstances and history, he found a passion in football and used it to help him succeed. This young man clearly desires to make a difference in his community through a career in criminal justice.
BadgeWives is excited to be offering a 2020 scholarship as well. Stay tuned for details!